Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Sunday, August 26, 2012

8-25 Sickoids, Narcs, Slices, Crazy Scorpion Group, Skull Fest the band, Cognitive Dissonance, Pittsburgh @the Shop

Rational Animals was supposed to play this show. They cancelled so that was a little letdown. Going into the show they were my fav band on the bill. Oh well, as it turned out, everyone made up for their absence.

This show was billed as a mutant punk block party. That's pretty much what it ended up as. The alleyway was blocked off for one block and it was littered with crusties, punks, dogs, and other all night. It was nice.

Cognitive Dissonance - This band wasn't supposed to play, but they jumped on the show anyway. From Massachusetts. I loved the poor quality of the singing. After a few songs it occurred to me that the poor singing was really great singing. Metal punks. They had some super good riffs, and the one song the drummer got real metal on some shit and it was very good. I'd like to see this band again. It would end up that this was the most metal band on the bill.

Crazy Scorpion Group - The last time I saw this band I think I misinterpreted the lead singer. He looks like he doesn't give a shit about much of anything. I'm still under that impression, however I think that's part of his shtick. I liked this band better this time than last time, but they were still the worst group on the bill.

Slices - Killed it. The crowd was into it. They played like 6 to 8 songs. It was a rager for sure. The singer is so entertaining because of his strange antics and the way he sulks around. Very good set, I like them more every time I see them. Weird guy hardcore punk. Fast, melodic, nothing too metal or too heavy.

Skullfest the Band - This group was made up of guys from Slices and about 500 other Pittsburgh bands. It was cool. They either played a bunch of covers or just ripped off a bunch of older punk songs. Either way it was entertaining.

Narcs - This band was real cool and real good. They were punks who all wore police hats. They were probably the most strait up punk band on the bill. They professed their hatred for metal. The crowd was the most thin, and the most violent for this band. Not sure why it was the way it was, but who cares. The band slayed it, ripping through like 10 songs. I enjoyed their persona and songs very much.

Sickoids - The best band of the night. Their songs are hardcore punk bangers. Fast and faster. No breakdowns or anything. Very screamy. Had I more money I'd have picked up a shirt or something. I'll for sure go out of my way to see this band again. The crowd was into it from beginning to end.

So at the same time as this show, there was a show going on at Kopecs down the road. It was Appalachian Terror Unit, who is a bigger band than Sickoids. I haven't heard how that show went, but the turnout at the Shop was great.

Hi's - turnout, the fun, the drinks, the stink
Low's - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment