California X - Some band from Massachusetts that jumped on the show at the last second. We didn't watch this band. We were either eating Spaks or drinking beer around the block.
Zeitgeist - My second time seeing this band. They're cool. If I had more money I'd have bought some pins or something. Fast female fronted punk rock. I like the singers voice.
Waxahatchee - I didn't know going into this that this band was really a single person singing folkish songs with her guitar. I normally don't go out for shows like this. But I enjoyed the set. Her voice is real good. Her way of lyricism is neat. And the simplicity of her chords didn't take away from the ambiance. I liked it. Judging by the quality of the bands she played with, I'll probably go see her again the next time she comes to town.
Swearin - The singer and guitar player for this band is Waxahatchee's sister. Cool to be on tour together. I thought this band was good. Though, the female vocalist was pretty much inaudible most of the time. Roboto always has that problem, with vocals fucking unable to be heard sometimes. They were like middle ground between poppunk and punx.
Run, Forever - GREAT local band. So I've tried to see this band like 3 or 4 times, and everything has gone wrong to keep me from seeing the set. But I was super impressed. I like the drummer dude, he's good and entertaining. The singers were both super good. The songs awesome. I'll for sure go to a show again sometime just to see this band again. I'd classify them as poppunk.
Hi's - all the bands, Run Forever, beer
Low's - nothing
No comments:
Post a Comment