Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Thursday, August 9, 2012

8-8 Earth Crisis, xRepresentx, Menace, Steel City Firm, Vigilant, Pittsburgh @Ironworks/Hideout

I wasn't expecting too much out of this show. I thought that because of poor promotion there would be no one there. Also thought that Earth Crisis would kinda suck, and that the supporting bands would suck too. Good thing I was wrong.

I'm not sure of the order of the bands, because timing was screwy.

Also, what kind of Pittsburgh bar doesn't get the tv channel that the Pirates game is on? Fucking fuck, I was beside myself.

Vigilant - Missed them because we were sitting in the car drinking and listening to the Pirates game. This was pretty much purposeful.

Steel City Firm - Missed them. I have no idea how. They must have started the show extra early or something. We went in at 7:30, thinking the show started at 7. Sucks because I wanted to see them.

Menace - I thought this band would suck ass because they hijacked their name from a classic UK punk band. They were actually pretty good. I enjoyed the set. Up tempo beatdown style, new school. It was refreshing.

I don't know what happened here. We thought xRepresentx would be playing in this slot. But I'm not really sure. After Menace we went to the car to check up on the game on the radio and drink some cheap beers. We were out there for like 30 mins or so. When we came back in xRepresentx was just getting done setting shit up. So either someone played a quick set and bounced. Or xRepresentx took forever to set up.

xRepresentx - I never really did like this band. Mosh and roll style shit. They did play a Hatebreed cover though, which was good. For most of the set me and Evan were in the bar sipping on bottles of money.

Earth Crisis - GREAT set! I was fucking stoked on that. All Out War in the jam. Firestorm is the jam. The new songs from last year's CD are the jams. Everything about what happened during that set was awesome. They were talking about animal liberation shit. The mosh was good but not wignorant. It just strait up ruled. It's been a while since I got down so hard that two hours later I was still sweaty. Also, this morning my back and hands are sore as fuck.

And the Pirates won.

Hi's - everything except that Concert Chaos mother fucker upping the price at the door from $12 to $15. I HATE it when that happens. If you gotta charge 15 then charge 15, dont advertise 12. I've been to several of his shows where that happened. Fucking sleezy ass promoter.

Low's - said price gouging, $4 Yeungling. Thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment