Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Friday, August 24, 2012

8-23 Zomboy, Arion, RSK, Doverspike, Pittsburgh @Rex Theater

It's been years since I was at a rave type dj show. So my girlfriend really liked RSK when we saw him at the Sneaky Mike show a while back. So when I saw RSK on the bill, I asked her, she was interested, and that's how I ended up at the dubstep show instead of at the Mischief Brew show.

I'm not accustomed to writing reviews of DJ's. I don't really know how to judge the good ones from the shit ones. But on this night I at least moderately enjoyed everyone.

One thing that was disappointing to me is that not a single DJ spun a record. They all used laptop only. So I lost a little respect for everyone and the entire scene as well. It's just soo whack that they don't spin vinyl.

Doverspike - He was playing when we walked in at like 9:30. We stood around for a few, then went back to the car to get our drink on. He sounded ok. There were not many people in the room at this time.

RSK - The room was starting to fill up by the time we went back in. RSK was spinning. He's real good, hard dubstep. We got our dance on. I'd say there were 100 people in the room at this point.

Arion - He's a good DJ. More dubstep. We got our dance on yet again. I'd say there were maybe 150 people in the room.

Zomboy - More dubstep. I don't know if I was just all danced out and tired as fuck or what was going on. But I wasn't all that impressed. Sounded a lot like Arion and RSK. Either way, we enjoyed the set. Left before it was over, but that's ok because it was late and I'd had enough. At the highest point I think 200 to 250 were in attendance. Not bad I wouldn't say.

Hi's - the good dance, turnout, good DJs.

Low's - bad bad attitude, perhaps a little too drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment