Middle Age Brigade - I really enoyed this band. Middle aged dudes, plenty of tongue in cheek going on. Hardcore punk, but the easy hardcore punk. Nice riffage going on at times. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. I'll check them out agian if possible. I hear they have a show coming up in Frostburg and another in Altoona.
Subtastics - Not a good thing, I honestly don't remember anything about this band. Not even what they look like. Maybe if I ever see them on a bill I'll go just because I want to pay pennance for this debauchery.
Idleminds - They're a localish band, and sound exactly like Pennywise and Bad Religion mixed up together. I didn't love it, which is somewhat odd because I love Bad Religion and like Pennywise. They sounded good, just not my fav.
Mud City Manglers - A very entertaining rock and roll metal punkrock type band. Good beats, good show. I'll prbably listen to them more. Some band members looked very familiar, I suspect I maybe have seen them before or seen other bands they're in.
The Cheats - Rock and roll deathpunk style from Pittsburgh. They're a good band. Lots of eye makeup. I've seen them a few times before, and I'm sure I'll see them a few times again. I would have preferred a more up tempo band before Sloppy but the Cheats were fine too.
Sloppy Seconds - They were great. The singer has a bum foot, or maybe it's a bum body. Doesn't matter because he still sounds awesome. I know the band wasn't pleased with the sound because they coudn't hear shit right, but when you've been banging these songs out for as long as they have, you can tell they don't need the monitors really. They played a ton of good songs. Opened with Black Roses and played bangers exclusively from there on. I didn't expect them to play Nightmare Theater, and they didn't. Oh well. Had a great drunk time.
Highs - Savage Mountain Punk Fest was a really good time. It seems like they've been having it every year and if they have it again next year we'll have to go.
Lows - The hotel wasn't extremely cheap, but should have been because we were on like the 7th floor and when we got back to the room there wasn't any power and no elevators. The walk up the stairs was balls.
Best bands: Sloppy Seconds, Submachine, Typhoid Rosie
No comments:
Post a Comment