Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Saturday, October 9, 2021

9-25 Furnace Fest, Evergreen Terrace, Living Sacrifice, Misery Signals, Poison the Well, Shia Hulud, Stretch Armstrong, Touché Amore, many more, Birmingham Alabama @Sloss Furnace

Day two, and our last day of Furnce Fest. What was once the day I sought to see the most fell off a little when Poison the Well and Misery Signals dropped off the bill. Oh well.

Got there just in time for Evergreen Terrace.

Evergreen Terrace - Killed it. I haven't seen them for over a decade easily. Last time was at Forward Hall in Erie, and that place has been gone for a grip. I really liked the singer's crowd interaction and energy. I was super happy about the set. Taaake thiiiis moooomeeeent...

Shai Hulud - The goal was to get food and be back in time for Shai Hulud. It was a success. They have a new singer again. No one who I recognized. He was good though, no complaints. This band is pretty hard to get into, but I like them and always go see them.

Living Sacrifice - Killed it. In my opinion the best Christian Hardcore band. The set was a banger for sure. Got the tour shirt from 1992. Sweet find.

Deafheaven - I like this band, and their ambient perhapy style of metal. I can't get super into it, but the live show is good to watch. I like the singers odd body language. He reminds me of a character in the episode of Always Sunny where Dennis gets a new roommate who is some European party boy who promises Dennis impersonal sex parties. That guy a little bit. Head banging shit fast as fuck then when they finally go into a softer or different rhythm it just sounds great.

Touche Amore - sounded good from a distance and people seemed to be into it.

Stretch Arm Strong - Killed it. One of the best bands of the fest. Played all the bangers. Softcore, positive hardcore, melodic hardcore, whatever you want to call it. The merch line of theirs was craaaazy all damn day.

Glassjaw - Emocore at it's finest. I like but not love Glassjaw. Half a set ws good enough for me.

Taking Back Sunday - hung out waiting for my party to come back together. They sounded alright. I barely know any songs.

Highs - Had the food situation figured out, all the bands I really wanted to see were at the same stage, sold out show.
Lows - PtW and Misery Signals dropping.

Best Bands of the Fest: Terror, Stretch Armstrong, Converge, Evergreen Terrace

Birmingham was actually a great city and very accomodating. No problems with anything anywhere. Little italian pizza bar is good. The Furnace is a good place for a fest this gigantic. See you next year Alabama. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment