Seeyouspacecowboy - I liked this band when I saw them with I think Sanction. Good heavyish stuff. Enjoyed watching them in the sun.
As Cities Burn - I didn't know this band at all. This was during the portion of the day where I didn't know any bands. This was inside and in the shade so it's where we ended up. They're a metalcore, post hardcore type of band. No big time mosh parts. I didn't hate watching them.
Cave In - Not a horrible band either. One guy plays with Converge. They played some heavy songs and some softer songs. I like all the vocals and enjoyed the set. Their set was the beginning of nonstop bands I wanted to watch for the rest of the day.
Terror - The best band of the fest, as is usually the case when they play anywhere. They recently released a brand new single that they didn't play. That's ok because with a prime time spot you probably just want to play you're known ragers. They did. And killed it. The crowd was rowdy.
From Autumn to Ashes - I felt like they played heavier than they are on recordings. I liked the set a lot. One of thoe bands where the live set is them at their best. Left there to get drink and whatnot before With Honor.
Stavesacre - It seemed like some people watching really liked their stuff. More of a rock band than anything else. Had good energy and fine to watch and have a rest.
With Honor - I thought they sounded really good. I like the singer and his positive vibes and message. My friends thought they didn't sound so great. I liked the stuff they played from the first album, and was suprised at a few songs they played off the not quite so old albums that people really knew. Good set, one of the bands that I definitely wanted to see.
Thursday - Live they sound every bit as good as they do on recordings. I only watched a handfull of songs because their set bumped up against Converge, and I wanted to avoid pushing through a few thousand people to get to a decent spot. The only song I knew that I watched was Cross Out the Eyes, which is a killer song.
Converge - They are right up there with Terror as the best band of the day. Killed it. The vocalist is supremely entertaining. I like his body language. They opened up with A Single Tear and Darkhorse which was awesome. They played in the middle of the set Eagles Become Vultures and You Fail Me, again awesome. Closed with Concubine. Obviously leaving a few really popular and good songs off the setlist, but that's fine and that's what they do every time I've ever seen them. Great set.
Underoath - Listened from the distance. It was alright.
Highs - Once we figured the place out, the grounds of the Furnace is a great place for this event.
Lows - Food lines, beer lines, at times portajohn lines. Just freaking lines everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment