Pop Tarts hooked us up with a local place to stay. This enabled us to screw around all morning and day. Got breakfast at Klines Restraunt. Good call, the breakfast was reasonable and good. Then we went to Rocky Gap national park. Another good call becasue this place was empty and we got to chill and explore for a while and get in the water just right.
The Lousekateers - Easygoing lady vocal style punk band from New York. Cool band, set thing off right.
Typhoid Rosie - I loved this band. From Brooklyn, she singer lady was wearing some sort of Xena outfit and was doing karate shit and whatnot. She was really funny too, enjoyed the band thoroughly. Punk rock and roll done right. They said they have a new album out, I'm going to listen to it right now.
The Downstrokes - the dude putting on the fest, this is his band. Cool band. Medium tempo punk rock. I didn't hate this band, and it was pretty obvious that people support this band somewhat. Love the dude putting on something like this.
Reckless Threat - Three piece from Tennessee. Good band. I didn't love many songs, didn't hate many either.
Submachine - Classic Pittsburgh hardcore punk band. I'm stoked they're still playing. They pretty much killed it. During their set this dude fell and hit his head on the floor busting himself open. Dude was fine and in attendance with stitches the next night as well. Submachine played great in my opinion. Played some bangers. Was too drunk after to pick out a decent shirt, but thats ok, I'll wear the ok one. Bull in a China Shop is my favorite song.
Reno Divorce - They've evidently been playing for a long time. Rock and roll, rockabilly, punk rockish band. They were good. Good songs. Not quite something I get excited about, but worthy of support.
Highs - Submachine, Typhoid Rosie, good vibes all around
Lows - I can't remember what we had for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment