Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Monday, August 24, 2015

7-26 The Exploited, H2O, Negative Approach, All Out War, Power Trip, Rival Mob, Slapshot, Twitching Tongues, Harms Way, Mindset, Foreseen, Fuck You Pay Me, Forced Order, Disengage, Blind Justice, Philly @The Electric Factory

The night before was a long ass night, but we were able to get up and moving in time to get there for Fuck You Pay Me, which was the goal in the first place.

Blind Justice - Missed them.

Disengage - Missed them.

Forced Order - Missed them.

Fuck You Pay Me - Awesome. They didn't get a whole lot of crowd support, but there was some circle pitting and shit going on. I really like the band and I like the singer's bullshit. Fast hardcore in the alley of Coke Bust.

Foreseen - I really liked this band. Never heard them before, probably since they're from Finland and this was their first time to the States. They were heavy and choppy and thrashy, then they would dive into some more melodic shit. Very very much enjoyed. Two bands in a row, voluntary circle pits happened. Things are getting weird.

Mindset - I don't think they're that great, but kids go nuts for them every year. We listened from outside and it was cool.

Harms Way - One of the only recent really heavy bands that I can get behind. They killed it the week before in Pittsburgh and they were very good here. Heavy shit all day with great energy.

Twitching Tongues - I can't get into this band. I think the vocals suck. I just can't like them. Didn't watch, but unfortunately I had to listen some.

Slapshot - They had a way better crowd response than last year. Hang Up Your Boots is a great song, I can't stop listening to it. I really like how TIHC put together this Sunday show. It had an old school feel to it all day. That brought the circle pit into relevance. It was going on for Slapshot too. Great set, great frontman, everything about them rules.

Rival Mob - This band kicks fucking ass. They don't have a lot of material out, but their songs are bangers and the energy is on point. Heavy and fast hardcore for the singalong, the stagedive, and the mosh. They got it all.

Power Trip - They killed it. I like the singer's vocal style, they're a good and new sound. Everyone likes Power Trip these days, and with good reason. More circle pits happened.

All Out War - No surprise, no circle pits happened here. But they were good as fuck. I like this band so much. New heavy bands with they could get half as heavy as All Out War. I stay a healthy distance away from their pit, but I loved the set.

Negative Approach - Years ago when I saw them last I thought they killed it. In the small space of Gooskis, it was awesome. On the big stage at TIHC I was a little bit disappointed. I like a bunch of their songs and the set was good but the singer is just boring. Sucks. Circle pits came back.

H2O - I don't know if circle pits happened or not because I was in front of such things singing along. I love the energy and I love pretty much every song they got. Perfect band to play before the Exploited.

The Exploited - I was very very surprised that they were very good. I wasn't expecting much, but they played way better than I had hoped. I like how the singer hits the mic off his head all the time, I feel like he should be a Cretin in an old Toxic Avenger movie. Played everything you would want them to play, but I love how live they're more metal. Great set and satisfying. I was stoked at how many people stayed around to see them. It wasn't as packed as the previous night for Bane and shit, but it was helthily attended.

Hi's - Circle pits, almost all the bands.
Low's - Nothing really. Not sleeping much the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment