Absolute Suffering - Missed them.
Sicker Than Most - Missed them.
Timebomb - Missed them.
Homewrecker - Ended up not playing. At least they announced it beforehand so I didn't roll in early just to see them.
Lifeless - I hadn't liked this band in the past so I didn't get there in time to see them. But moving forward I think I got them all wrong and I'm going to give them a legitimate shot at Sincerity Fest.
Sand - All the way from Japan, they were the first band that we went to see. Heavy beatdown hardcore isn't my thing these days, but I enjoyed the set. The singer does this knife thing with his hands that I like. Slicing the air beatdowns to pieces. If they're on the right show I'll go see them again but I'm pretty sure that most Sand shows in Pittsburgh would bring out the douchebag beat everyone up crowd and I wouldn't enjoy myself.
Rock Bottom - I didn't watch them. There had to be a point in the day where I loaded up on merch and took it to the car. I knew I didn't want to watch Suburban Scum so unfortunately I missed Rock Bottom's last set ever.
Suburban Scum - I didn't watch them. Never do. Never will now since I think they're all of pretty questionable character I think maybe.
Wisdom in Chains - Hell yes. The old songs killed, the new songs killed, front to back it killed. I think they got more support at this set than ever before. Songs to My Killer is such a banger it makes me giggle. I'll see this band every chance I get. Hands down one of the top sets from the entire show.
Xibalba - Watched the first few songs. It's just the style of hardcore that I find it hard to get into, but I like the band.
Turnstile - Another one of the best sets of the entire fest. So much energy. The pit was on fire. Everything about this was bad ass and awesome. Pressure to Succeed is one of the best songs, I've been on that jam nonstop.
Reach the Sky - I was super stoked to see this band but I left with the feeling that the singer sucks and is washed up as fuck. I'm not sure if he thinks that singing one out of every five words is decent, but it made the set suck. Big disappointment.
Biohazard - Showing why Saturday was such a killer lineup. Again, another of the best sets of the weekend. These guys might be old heads in the scene, but their energy is top notch. I loved the whole set. The crowd participation was great as well.
Killing Time - I don't ever watch this band though I'm certain I probably should. On recordings I just can't get into them. And since they don't really tour much I just can't get into them. At this point I had to rest up for Bane anyway.
Bane - Slayed everything. They played for close to an hour and it wasn't enough. I'm beyond sad that they are not going to be playing another This is Hardcore ever. Calling Hours was awesome with the guest vocals. Final Backwards Glance, Give Blood, all the bangers. I was sad but super satisfied with the set, and the merch. That Bane zip up!
Cro-Mags - I don't love Cro-Mags, but they put on killer sets. Great energy, the perfect hardcore band to play before the Misfits.
Misfits - Right before they played they put the entire setlist up for everyone to see and it had no joke 60 songs on it. I was like what the fuck I can't believe they're playing that many songs. It proved to be way way too many. They should have played like 20-25 songs and thats it. They played Earth AD in it's entirety, which was cool since those songs are all ral raw and agressive. Jerry Only is a legend and is awesome, but the other two guys playing with him now are my age so that makes it a little bit shitty. But they played a ton of good songs and I enjoyed it. Other people thought the set was whack and washed up.
Hi's - Wisdom in Chains, Bane, Biohazard, Turnstile, food, drink, pretty much everything.
Low's - Suburban Scum existing, Reach the Sky, that's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment