George Hollow - He was super good. One white dude with funny hair on the raps, and another white dude who can't rap on the turntables. I'm not sure if the rapper was George Hollow, or if that is the name for the two of them together. I liked his stage presence. He kind of roams around slinging raps. I enjoyed it, for sure.
New Breed Brass Band - This band was officially the shit. A 6 piece, two drummers, two trombone, a tuba, and a trumpet. Marching band style, had an awesome New Orleans feel to them, which makes sense because that's where they're from. They were more of a jazz band with some hip hop flavor. If they ever come back to Pittsburgh I will most definitely go see them again.
Blackalicious - Never could be disappointed with them. Gift of Gab is an amazing rapper. His flow is unparalleled. The DJ Chef Xcel is awesome too. The best surprise however was The Truth Speaker. Dude can sing and rap and he is awesome. They played for a long time, the new songs are dope, the old songs are dope, everything about Blackalicious is dope.
So I was, like at many rap shows, kind of surprised and maybe a little disappointed that the entire crowd was white. Out of probably 150 in attendance, maybe 6 black people were there. I guess I just don't understand. Why doesn't the black community actually support a lot of underground hip hop groups? For the life of me I can't understand why this is.
Highs - All the groups, everything.
Lows - Nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment