Karma was a pretty good place for the show. I liked everything about it except they need to make a second opening to the stage room if they're going to have big shows like this there. CPX3, Dude the Hawk, Pretty Krissy - So I know which one Pretty Krissy is. I'm pretty sure Dude the Hawk was the dude with no shirt pretty must hosting the first part of the night. And CPx3 may be the name of a crew of like 6 different rappers who really had no common traits between all of them. CPx3, if I'm right about them being a group, came out and did different songs of their own. Some compiling with other artists. Some were good, some were meh, none of them were good enough for me to want to know who they were. The one high point of the first part of the night was when Pretty Krissy and the guy I'm thinking is Dude the Hawk did their last song about 'give me your password ni**a' follow by 'bitch you can't have it.' Great song, good performance. Afterthought, Pretty Krissy looked tall on stage, but she's really a short lady. Good rapper too.
Abstract Theory - I thought they were by far the best rappers from the opening sets. Two dudes, probably both white, one definitely white, lol. Come on, he was wearing a vintage Star Trek shirt. I don't know the name of any of their songs, nor had I heard them before, but I'm going to check them out in the future.
KRS-One - It was probably about an hour, or close to that, after the last group before KRS took stage. It was well worth the wait. Dude rocks the mic like no rapper I've ever seen. The freestyles were on point. The songs were on point. The life lessons were great. Dude is inspiring. He played at least portions of some real bangers like Sound of the Police, P is Free, The MC, among others. We all had a great time, and KRS destroyed shit. Best hip hop artist ever.
I'm sure I've said it before, but I got to air out my rap show grievance. I hate how many rap groups have the lyrics playing over the speakers with the beat. Is it because they don't have recordings of just the beat and the music? Is it the case that removing the words from the recorded song is extremely difficult or expensive? I really have no idea why this happens. In my eyes it makes their live set cheap as fuck. But you can tell when real MCs are on stage like KRS. Aside from the chorus of a few songs (completely acceptable and understandable), he didn't have the lyrics coming out the speaker. Because... obviously... a real MC.
Hi's - KRS-One all fucking day the dopest MC in the galaxy until I see one better, cheap drinks at Karma.
Low's - Nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment