Eternal Sleep - We were walking in as they started playing. Killer set. They played Keep Moving and Dead Like Me and all the bangers. Heavy hardcore, Pittsburgh proud, and a great live set. Eternal Sleep is boss as fuck.
Too Pure to Die - Well, I know and really like some of their songs like X The Fuck Up and Calloused. They played the good songs. The new songs are ok. Most of the old songs are ok. I don't particularly like it when frontmen start calling the crowd weak and pussies, but that's obviously his thing. When it's your second show back after a decade hiatus, and you were never really more than a regional band in the first place, you pretty must have to take what you can get. Especially if you get to play on a bill this epic.
King Nine - Their first time in Pittsburgh, but we'd seen them before in Philly. I enjoyed the set. Nothing amazing in my opinion. They have some particularly good songs and good stage presence. I'll see them again at TIHC.
Harms Way - They killed it. On most nights they are easily the best band of the night. The songs off the new album were rippers, and they played the songs from the old that you really wanted to hear. Loved it. Humans have no value.
Code Orange - Well they pretty much pulled out all the stops on this one. The lighting was top notch, though soooo bright it burned out your retinas. I seriously had to look at the floor sometimes. But the live show was on point, the song selection was there even though I'm not a huge fan of the slow songs. But that's my opinion of many slow songs. Great set, great energy. At the end of the set they let the drone sounds play out for like 5 minutes. It was pretty much a tease of an encore. But the whole time I was thinking, what songs would they play? They already played the bangers. No dice for the encore.
Hi's - All the bands
Low's - It was all dope as fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment