Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Sunday, September 25, 2016

8-6 This is Hardcore, Gorilla Biscuits, Killing Time, The Trouble, Wisdom in Chains, Most Precious Blood, Power Trip, Incendiary, Criminal Instinct, Lifeless, Rude Awakening, Strength for a Reason, Malice in the Palace, Red Death, Hellweed, Absolute Suffering, No Zodiac, Ten Ton Hammer, Philly @The Electric Factory

Day 3 of This is Hardcore was the most anticipated. Gorilla Biscuits was great the last time they played TIHC a few years ago. I was sure this time was going to be equally as awesome. We were a little late going in, missed the first few bands.

Ten Ton Hammer - Missed them. I don't like the band name though.

No Zodiac - I've seen them before, but missed them too.

Absolute Suffering - We got there in the middle of their set. It was ok, didn't watch everything.

Hellweed - This band came all the way from Russia to play. They were heavy and metal as fuck. I wasn't able to get any of their music online, or I'd have listened to them going in. They were really good. I was disappointed by the crowd response, but that's somewhat to be expected for foreign bands that aren't know. I hope they make it back to the US again sometime, I'll go see them.

Red Death - Really enjoyed this band too. Lockin' out. Heavy and fast hardcore. I'd like to see them again.

Malice in the Palace - I like this band's energy and live show, but I don't particularly care to listen to them otherwise. There's just no songs that I really really like even though I really want to.

Strength for a Reason - So much better live than on recording. They represented themselves well. Good set.

Rude Awakening - I like this band, but only averagely so. Watched a song or two then went outside for some food.

Lifeless - Same deal. I've seen them enough to know that I only kind of like them.

Criminal Instinct - I like this band too. The lead singer has a big resemblance to Paul Tate. Groovy hardcore in the vein of Turnstile or something like that. Good set.

Incendiary - Wasn't ready for this one. They killed it. I've seen them live before, and I've seen them at This is Hardcore before and this set was twice as bonkers as I was expecting. They played super well. Hardcore in the vein of Backtrack, fast groovy and moshy. I like this band a lot.

Dinner Break - I don't think we got food, but we did put down a few beers. That's imperative before Wisdom.

Most Precious Blood - Dis a point ment. I was expecting them to play at least a few songs off of Nothing in Vain. They didn't play anything. I think the singer is probably a douche bag. Started off the set talking about his old band One King Down, I thought that was kind of dumb. At one point in the set he was talking at length about something "his friend said that struck him as profound." It was the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I was close to the stage and at a little of an angle and even though the female guitarist was facing away from the stage, I could see her face and how she was interacting of the other guitarist. She was making fun of the singer and his horrid rant. She was probably a little embarrassed. Actually, he's a horrible front man. Most of the time once a song started and I realized it wasn't from Nothing in Vain I would spend the rest of the song dreading the time between songs. At one point dude turned his ankle and it was real dramatic. I don't expect MPB to ever play another set ever.

Wisdom in Chains - Best set of the fest. Everything from the new songs to the old songs was killer. I think the crowd response was better than it's ever been for them. Played all the hits and the newer songs are bangers too.

The Trouble - A more punk styled band, fast melodic. They were good but not great. The only song I think everyone knew is the song American Nightmare covered.

Killing Time - I like watching them live, but never listen to them on recordings. Not sure why but I keep sleeping on them. Good set, great crowd response.

Gorilla Biscuits - I'm soo happy that the time between the set before and Gorilla Biscuits was less than the over an hour of the last time they played here. They came on pretty promptly and killed it. It's fucking Gorilla Biscuits.

All in all I'm very sad that Terror couldn't play, they would have been amazing. And once again the barrier was a huge success.

Hi's - Wisdom, Incendiary, food trucks, copious amounts of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment