Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Friday, September 14, 2012

9-13 Dying, Adventures, Rabid Pigs, Glass Lungs, Pittsburgh @Mr. Roboto Project

We left home too early. Spent a few hours in Primantis eating pizza and drinking and playing pool.

I'd never listened to any of the bands on the bill except Rabid Pigs but had hoped good things. This show was put together last second for the touring band. Turnout is usually not good for shows scheduled a week before happening. I'd say probably 25 people paid at the door. 40 people in the room including local bands.

Glass Lungs - Screamo hardcore from Pittsburgh. They weren't very good. I don't listen to a lot of their type of hardcore, so maybe they were awesome and I just think they suck. It seemed like most of the people there thought they weren't very good.

Rabid Pigs - Fast hardcore powerviolence. They're good. I like watching this band. Didn't know the first cover, did they say it was a Punch Your Face cover? I don't remember. I knew the Infest cover though. Great song. I'm thinking they'll play it also at the Ceremony show.

Dying - Touring band from Philly. Has a dude in it from Pittsburgh bands of the past. They were very heavy, very agressive vegan xxx hardcore. I enjoyed them a lot. Good head nodding stuff in the vein of Heartless.

Adventures - They're billed as emo/indie but I'd say lots of bands billed as hardcore bands sound similar to them. Adventures is heavier than Lifetime. Something like Title Fight. The vocals didn't come across very well, per Roboto syndrome. I'd still really like to see them again in a place with better sound setup.

Hi's - hanging out, Dying and Adventures and Rabid Pigs, getting the rest of the crew their Ceremony tix cuz that show's going to be cool as fuck.

Low's - turnout, being so early but it ended up being ok

No comments:

Post a Comment