Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Saturday, April 28, 2012

4-27 Urban Waste, Oh Shit They're Going to Kill Us, Ratface, Killer of Sheep, Heartless, Pittsburgh @Mr. Roboto Project

Going into this show there were lots of unknowns that I felt positive about. In the end everything ended up as best case scenario. Turnout was very good. The weather was tolerable. The bands all ripped. And funny things were happening every now and again to keep it interesting. It now seems like part of the Mr. Roboto Project experience, we went to Spak Brothers before we went into the show. It was super freaking good.

First band - I THINK a band played before heartless but we just missed them. I think this happened because when we were paying for entrance, the chic with dreads taking our money said her band played first and she pissed herself while playing so she had to change her pants. Nice. The crusties were in the house tonight.

Heartless - I've seen this band a bunch of times now. It seems like they're changing their style to more of a punk/metal thing from what I used to perceive as a hardcore band. I guess what I mean is less beat down, more fast and grindy. Still some great head nodding shit going on.

Killer of Sheep - Originally I thought this band was going to suck because their name is terrible. By the end of the set I love the name and can't wait to see this group again. They fucking ripped the shit out of their set. I enjoyed it very much so. The guitar player with dreads is funny as fuck. Fast hardcore. I'm not sure if they reminded me of Bad Brains because they're 3/4 black dudes, or if they really do sound a bit like it from time to time. Either way, their songs ripped. The CIC cover ripped. Everything was sweet as fuck. Can't wait until the Sheer Terror show to see them again. Hopefully they're on a show before then because they ruled.

Ratface - Easily the worst band of the night. But they were still pretty good. They play fast, but pretty standard hardcore punk. I like watching them, but wont ever be able to get too into them.

Oh Shit They're Going to Kill Us - The only band of the night I'd classify as a metal or thrash metal band and not a punk/hardcore band. I thought they were good though. The singers voice was pretty high pitched compared to what I was expecting. But they ripped it up. They didn't play long. I thought it was all very good, very thrashy.

Urban Waste - I never really listened to UW a ton, so it doesn't bother me that the new lineup only features half of the original members. They were super fucking good. My fav song was their title song, Urban Waste. Fast hardcore punk. I guess they started playing in the early 80's. Its interesting to think that they started up in NYC playing with bands like the Ramones and NY Dolls and shit. Though, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Ramones and NY Dolls were too pretty to play with the likes of UW. Especially since UW is considerably more rough and shit than those other early bands. Bottom line is that they killed the set. The crowd was into it. And they're supposed to come back for Skull Fest. Can't wait.

Hi's - Turnout, Spaks, beer, cw, all the bands, everything en totale.
Low's - The smell (though a real punk show just smells like that so we didn't mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment