Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Saturday, February 4, 2012

2-4 Sneaky Mike, RSK, Dazzletine, Ag Ag Lady, Melody Joy, Boyfindery, Powell, @Rex Theater

We were super excited to go to this show. Sneaky Mike was such a great surprise the first time around we had to go see him again. Now, the first time we were the only two people there, so we got a big laugh when we walked into the Rex at about 8:35 and we were the only people in there. Oh no, here we go again. Fortunately people showed up a little later and it was all grand from a turnout point of view. Supposedly some dub dj named King Moody was supposed to play, but I don't think that happened.

Melody Joy - She reminded us of Lady Gaga because of her crazy outfit and shitty songs. I enjoyed watching, but I really hate how some acts will sing their songs over a recording of the songs being sung. It's like way generic. However, I enjoyed watching this. Melody Joy was pretty hot.

Powell - She's a black lady that sung some pop type songs. She was ok. I really enjoyed the weird dancing. I didn't so much enjoy when she brought a bunch of ladies onto the stage and did some weird choreographed dance. She was ok. We skipped out right at the end to go smoke and drink.

Ag Ag Lady and Boyfindery - On the bill these two were listed separate, but I'm pretty sure they played together. They were the worst of the night. My dance music vocabulary isn't enough for me to categorize them, but it was kind of weird and without a strong beat. They were making stupid beats on the keyboard. Though, they were enjoying themselves which was good to see. The crowd evacuated pretty much.

R$K - This guy was probably the best of the night. He's a DJ who spun some heavy dub and maybe some breaks and house mixed in. I really enjoyed the dub parts, really did not enjoy the other parts. Either way, I'd like to go see this dude again and dance.

Sneaky Mike - I admit, I liked him better when we saw him as the only ones in the audience. It was absurd. But last night he brought the weirdness as well. Some things that happened that I hadn't seen before are a mass leap frog, and a communal taking off of shoes and rubbing feet together, and lots of hair/wrestling belts/shiny tights. I enjoyed it greatly and we got a free cd out of it.

Dazzletine - This band sucked. They're like a glam rock faux 80's band. We left after two songs.

All in all this show was good. I think about 100 people came out for it. We enjoyed ourselves.

Hi's - turnout, Sneaky Mike, R$K, being weird
Low's - not drunk enough/too drunk, it was fucking cold outside

No comments:

Post a Comment