Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Friday, October 7, 2011

10-6 Leftover Crack, Plastered Bastards, Scattergun, Hipster Death Machine, more @Altar Bar

Going into this show I was pretty stoked on the Pittsburgh portion of the show. Leftover Crack was the only touring band on the bill, and I'm glad it was that way. Altar Bar was big enough for this show, but I hate that they wouldn't put on the Penguins game until 11 or so and beer there is so fucking expensive. We saw some people there from back home who I didn't expect to see.

Eat the Government - We missed them, but heard some going on from outside.

The Scratch and Sniffs - Half of this band wore makeup. I don't care to see them again. Generic punk.

Hipster Death Machine - Great set. I had not seen them before, but really enjoyed the performance. Metal ska that's good. Not that chaotic 13PFP shit. Rumor is that it may have been their last show or they're going to be going through a lineup change. I hope they don't call it quits. People were into the set.

Scattergun - Mature punks playing fast punk rock stuff. I enjoyed the set. The singer was talking about the occupation of Pittsburgh and whatnot that is supposed to happen next week. People were into this set too.

Plastered Bastards - Loud street punks. I enjoyed the set, though they sounded a lot like Scattergun. They were probably the most polished local band who played. Though, both of the bands playing before them had more interesting frontmen.

Leftover Crack - The only disappointing thing about this set was that So You Wanna Be a Cop didn't get played. Everything else was sweet. Great sing-along street punk. They played all the bangers, and played them well. This was my third time seeing them and I think I'll probably go see them again when they come back.

Hi's - Primantis for happy hour, good company, most of the bands.

Low's - Price, money issues.

1 comment:

  1. Neil, I loved Leftover Crack, and I have been listening to them a bunch since this show. I also wanted to let you know that I can probably go to a show on Wednesday. I don't really care which one. I have only heard of a few of the bands that are playing and don't specifically listen to any of them, so my vote is for the cheapest show.

    In addition, I wanted to let you know that I have a link to your blog on many of my blogs. I assume that you won't have a problem with that. Check out one or all of my blogs. Here's a new one I just started: You can reach the other ones through that site.

    ReplyDelete