It was good to see a bunch of hot chics at the show. The bike punks were there in effect. Turnout was good but not great. This was the cheapest show option for the night. There was an Earth Crisis/Path to Misery/Gutrench show at the Altar Bar that cost $30 to get into because it was headlined by the Cavalera Conspiracy and Otep. Glad I didn't break the bank going to that show and drinking $5 beers. There was also a ska show going on at the Rex for $15, but I stand by our decision to hit up the cheap punk show. Good call.
Some girl gave me a nice compliment on my Homewrecker long sleeve right before we left after Drug Lust. "Pure filth. Nice shirt." Sweet. Thanx!
Mower - Opened up the night. A two piece fast punk band from Pittsburgh, drums and guitar. The two guys in this band look like they're probably brothers. I enjoyed the songs they played. Perhaps the volume was up a bit too high, but I like that most of the time.
Salvation - I didn't know at the time who they were when they played, but after reflection I do remember the singer for his antics and energy. He gets those crazy eyes when he's rippin up the mic. I liked this band and will probably go see them the next time they're in the Burgh. Fast and heavy at times. Hardcore punk.
Elitist - The best band of the night. They were probably the most riff heavy band of the night. Were lyrics audible I suspect we'd have been assaulted with a bunch of anti-Christian ramblings. I liked this band's merch, of which I got a back patch and a t-shirt. I really liked all of this band's songs and I'll be getting whatever of their material I can get my hands on.
Barren Scepter - I loved this band too. Female singer who was hot and good. Sweet riffage, heavy punk. The best Pittsburgh punk band that I've seen in a while. Upstaged Drug Lust in my opinion. I'd like to see more of this group. I was very impressed. Often hardcore punk bands end up all sounding the same, but I felt their songs were a bit better than your standard fare.
Drug Lust - Supposedly the last show for this Pgh band. I wasn't too impressed. The set was good but not too good. The singer spent half of the set trying to get you to not like the band. "We all hate this song." "I hate this song." "You should hate this song." Oh well, I didn't hate any of the songs. Great band name though.
Hi's - The bands, the bar, turnout was ok, I'm thinking 40 people paid and everyone stayed until the end, Primantis beer and pizza was good, we had fun all night goofing and etc. Punx
Low's - Rain, my fire didn't catch.
I bet the fire caught after we left. Watch for this headline on the news: "Mysterious Building with Tubes Coming out the Windows Burned Down in Lawrenceville After Unidentified Hoodlums Started Fire With a Box of Tissues."
ReplyDelete