We were just a little late getting there. We missed a few bands through the day.
Vile Mentality - Missed them. I really like their band name though.
Fire in the Blood - Missed them. I really don't like their band name though.
Foul Play - Missed them.
Cursed Path - This was the first band we saw once we pulled into Altoona. They kinda sucked. Multiple of their songs were played in such a way that I thought they were fucking it up. I don't know if they were fucking it up or not, but I left their set feeling meh. Heavy band, just not good riffs and shit.
Red Vision - Missed them. At this point we were able to check into the room and take all our shit up. Get the cooler set up. All that mess.
Iron Price - I wanted to see this band, but it just didn't work out.
Forced Out - Missed them.
Departed - Missed them.
Dissent - This band was pretty good. I liked their metal riffs. It was cool.
No Reason to Live - Pittsburgh metalcore. They were better this time around than any other time I've ever seen them. Decent mosh response, good band on this day. I think I'm going to download their new album.
Absolute Suffering - Missed them.
Break Away - Good band. Youth crew style straight edge hardcore, but harder than what you think when you think youth crew style. I liked them when we saw them at TIHC, I liked them this time around too.
Sanction - Really really good. I hadn't heard this band before, but I'm going to get into it now. A heavy hardcore band from Long Island. Relatively new band. Good riffs, good mosh, just good in general.
Trail of Lies - Missed them.
Jukai - Jukai is a killer good heavy band. Party animals perhaps. Perhaps not. Either way, they are always heavy and good.
Line of Scrimmage - We saw them once at East Coast Tsunami a while ago. They were ok then. We didn't watch them this time around.
Strength for a Reason - I like this band a bit. But we didn't watch them this time.
Wisdom in Chains - The main reason we went to this fest. Really if Wisdom wasn't playing we probably wouldn't have spent the money for the trip. They killed it of course. Played about 30 minutes, per usual. They didn't make any shocking song selections. Maybe the omission of Cap City was a little bit of a shocker. But when you have as many good songs as they have then something gotta give. Great set like usual. Great singalongs.
Hi's - The hotel, def going back next year even if Wisdom doesn't play.
Low's - Not much. The Snow and the cold primarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment