Welcome

Welcome, come to a show! Below is a list of shows going on in and around Southwest PA.

10-15 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-16 The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, night 2, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
10-17 Days N Daze, Bridge City Sinners, Apes of State, Crazy and the Brains, Pittsburgh @Spirit
10-23 Slapshot, Sheer Terror, Next Step Up, Iron Price, Skullcrack, Frederick MD @Cafe 611
10-23 Punktober Fest, Hagard Wulf, Rutabaga Suicide, Defiant Blood, All the Damn Vampires, The Homisides, Cumberland MD @Dig Deep Brewing Co
10-27 Mephiskapheles, Children of October, Boiled Denim, Pittsburgh @Ormsby Ave Cafe
10-31 GAG, Heavy Discipline, Necroheads, Pittsburgh @Collision
10-31 Sheer Terror, Submachine, Pittsburgh @Rock Room
11-9 The Slackers, Fubar, Inco Fido, Pittsburgh @the Crafthouse
11-9 Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
11-11Dying Fetus, Terror, Pittsburgh@Spirit
11-13 Fubar, Inco Fido, Sneaky Heat Missiles, The Biscuits, Greensburg @Green Beacon Gallery
11-14 Enforced, Steel Nation, Settle for Nothing, Vulgar Royalty, Morgantown WV @123 Pleasant Street
11-19, Municipal Waste, Crowbar, Skeletal Remains, Dead Heat, Pittsburgh @Spirit
11-20 Anti-Flag, Suicide Machines, Punchline, Bad Cop Bad Cop, Doll Skin, Swiss Army, Pittsburgh @Roxian Theater
11-20 VCTMS, Born A New, Gravebirth, Ire, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
11-21 Protomartyr, The Gotobeds, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-26 Koffin Kats, Pittsburgh @Club Cafe
11-28 Exhorder, Take Offense, Extinction AD, Plague Years, Pittsburgh @Crafthouse
12-8 Blood Incantation, Primitive Man, Sissy Spacek, Jarhead Fertilizer, Pittsburgh @Funhouse Mr. Smalls
12-19 Bushido Code, Steel Nation, Age of Ruin, Fire in the Blood, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
1-5 Spotlights, Eternal Sleep, Pittsburgh @Preserving Hardcore
1-25 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life, Empath, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
2-28 Meshuggah, Converge, Torche, Pittsburgh @Stage AE
3-13 Sepultura, Sacred Reich, Crowbar, Art of Shock, Pittsburgh @Thunderbird Cafe
3-13 Blitzkid, more, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground
3-29 Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, Negative Approach, Pittsburgh @Mr. Smalls
4-14 DRI, Truckstop, Pittsburgh @Preserving Underground

Sunday, August 27, 2017

7-27 This is Hardcore, Ramallah BFB set, Madball, Terror, Death Threat, Skarhead, Cipher, Kill Verona, Broken Teeth, Reserving Dirtnaps, Jagged Visions, Philly @Union Transfer

As always, we were super stoked for This is Hardcore Fest. Philly is a great place for these shows and we've pretty much got this trip figured out. Like last year, the Parkway Inn in Springfield PA was the perfect spot. Twice through our 5 day stay we had different riff raff knock on the door looking for various things. First the dude said, "is the lady working?". Lol. We died. No hookers in our room. The second time was some vagrant carrying a big garbage bag and he was like "I'm supposed to rent this room?" I was like, uhhh no, we are. Then he left. Fantastic. The Springfield Diner across the street was the best like always. Had a great time with the lodging situation.

Got to the first night pretty much on time, but with the line and whatnot, we missed the first few bands.

Jagged Visions - I like about half of their songs on recordings. Sometimes they have shit lyrics though. I wanted to see them, but it wasn't meant to be. I've seen them before and thought it was ok.

Reserving Dirtnaps - I wasn't too keen on seeing this band. I thought everything I listened to beforehand was pretty uninspired. Missed them.

Broken Teeth - They came from the UK for this show. Good band. I thought they sounded pretty good live. Standard beatdown type band. Good set, fun singer with his long flowing locks.

Kill Verona - We watched some songs. Hardly anyone cared. They're way too soft, and with only a few decent songs. Philly band.

Cipher - They were the first band of the fest that I really wanted to see. They were very good. I like their choppy beatdowns and the the singer's lyrical style is pretty much unique within hardcore. The crowd response was pretty good. Not intense throughout but you knew their good songs. But they didn't play The Fruits of Toil, just like they didn't play it at Sincerity Fest a few years back. Sucks because that's their best song in my opinion. Still a solid set, very enjoyable.

Skarhead - It's amazing how little respect they got from the crowd. I guess this style of hardcore doesn't quite resonate with the newer hardcore crowd that got into hardcore through metalcore than punk, this kind of middle of the road hardcore style, not crazy heavy, somewhat of a punk rock feel in terms of a singalong style. Not a great band for the kill everyone mosh. They played good. I love Danny Diablo's shoes, some super high top silver sneakers. They were good, but the crowd was less into this than Cypher. They played all the hits, Dogs of War, Drugs Money and Sex, all of em.

Death Threat - We skipped out on this band. DT was one of my favorite bands in high school, but after a few times of them no-showing at shows that I drove like 3 hours each way for, I somewhat lost my fervor for them.

Terror - You know Terror always kills it. Top notch set by Scott Vogel, and pretty good song selection. I was disappointed in the crowd a little bit. There was barely enough people up close for stage diving, but it was going on anyways. The mosh was good, the singalongs were good. Maybe this was just a down night for the usual TIHC energy? I thought everyone went off all the time for Terror. They should. Picked up a sick shirt after the set.

Madball - The disappointing of all disappointing crowd reactions. Again an example of people maybe not being so into their type of hardcore, like Skarhead. Now the response was much better than Skarhead got, but it's freaking Madball. I felt like it was a very Pittsburgh quality response. They have so many great songs they obviously can't play them all, but they pretty much killed the setlist. Opening with Can't Stop Wont Stop was a great choice, a rager. Agnostic Front cover, another great choice.

Ramallah playing Blood for Blood songs - Destroyed it. Played Love Song, All Fucked Up, Living in Exile, and more. White Trash Rob is a madman on the vocals. They destroyed it. People went off, it was a great time.

Thursday was a success. Great show. Sold out crowd, but they didn't fully show up until Ramallah BFB. I should have got the shirt.

Best bands:
1 Ramallah BFB
2 Madball
3 Terror

No comments:

Post a Comment