Like always Sincerity Fest is one of the best shows of the year. For one it's free. Two the food is good as hell. And the bands usually kick ass. Sincerity Fest v.2013 was no exception.
Since I've already screwed up remembering a lot of the bands, I'll go ahead and list all the bands from the fest that I don't remember at all. Some of them I'm sure I missed because I showed up too late, the rest of them I missed because I was eating or drinking or I did see them and just don't remember. Run Forever, Purge, Meth Quarry, Glass Lungs, Forebearance, Driver, Eternal Sleep, Egality, Black Mask, Wolfnote, GhostxShip, Human Animal. Sucks that that is most of the fest.
No Reason to Live - This band was heavy as hell. I enjoyed them very much. Haven't seen them since unfortunately. I don't think they play out very much.
Adventures - I remember thinking that the sound sucked. I really like this band, members of the Code Orange Kids. Pop punk with bad vocals at times.
Embludgeoned - Band is another good example of heavy done right from Pittsburgh. I enjoyed the set, but again, haven't seen them since.
Unit 731 - Super mosh zone band from Pittsburgh. I like them, but not so much as to go to a show just to see them.
Path to Misery - This band kills it. The singer is the one who puts on Sincerity Fest. I like his antics and the heavy ass political themed music. I bought the 'kill people who hurt animals' shirt.
Incendiary - This band was suprisingly way good. They were getting all the hype and they showed why. Not so much a different band from Backtrack or Cross Me or other similar styled bands. I'd love to see them again.
Harms Way - As always, this band is the definition of a heavy hitter. I liked the set, but still don't particularly like any of their recordings.
Code Orange Kids - This band grows on me every time I see them. Love the stompy heavy jams. Pittsburgh for life.
Hi's - I remember having a great time. The veggie burgers were kick ass and the chili. Bands and friends.
Low's - Nothing that I remember, everything I don't remember.
I hope you can make it to Gem City Festival in Erie PA at Basement Transmissions on Saturday August 2nd!!!!!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.facebook.com/events/641718495898618/