Wetbrain - Hawaiian shirt hardcore punk band. I liked the singer's demeanor. He was super strange but fun to watch. Kind of like he didn't give a shit, but just strange. Good band. Members of Inmates and 9 Shocks Terror from Cleveland.
Submachine - The only Pittsburgh band of the night. Hardcore punk of the olde gaurde. They were really good too, and had the best fan reaction I've ever seen of them. Sometimes fast sometimes not, always a little bit mean.
Night Birds - This was their first time ever coming to Pittsburgh, and judging by the crowd's reaction I'd say they'll be back. They were really good, I can see this band playing This is Hardcore and getting good response. Hardcore punk in the vein of 7 Seconds. Not very screamy, and not very riffy. More on the punk side than on the metal side. I hope they come back to Pittsburgh because I'd really like to see them again. Their bass player was the best musician of the night, and the only musician who really stood out as being very good to me.
Zero Boys - They were part of the initial punk wave in the United States, starting up in '79 I think. So they've been playing their jams for a while. I really enjoyed the entire set except for one song. They sounded a lot like the Descendents or Agent Orange, and I think they covered a Descendants song (or was it an Adolescents song?). Either way, these old fucks ripped it up in very nice fashion. The one song I didn't like at all was a cover song, I can't remember who is the original artist on the track. The Machines maybe? Either way, the singer and the drummer switched places for this one and it was no good. The drummer can't move his head, or just refuses too. It was terrible watching him. But the entire set as a whole did not disappoint.
Hi's - the venue, turnout was most likely around 200 or 250, all the bands.
Low's - nothing
No comments:
Post a Comment