Mr. Owl - A friend of a friend. He did a DJ set for the first hour of the show. We missed him.
DJ Spaed - No idea who he was or if he actually played. But I'm 99% sure that when we were there, no one said, "this is dj spaed."
Stillborn Identity - They weren't on any flyers or anything, but one of the acts gave them a shout out as if they performed. I guess they might have before we got there.
Proseed - We got there when Proseed was on stage. He was ok. White guy, half thuggin it. Meh. I won't be going to any shows just to see him.
The Camp - When they were on stage they were talking like they traveled a good distance, but evidently they're from the Pittsburgh area. Maybe they all walked to get there. My fav in this group was the big fat guy who wasn't allowed to have a mic for about half the set. Break Shit was a good song. My least favorite guy in the group was the skinny dude with the 'sex drugs and rap' shirt on. Wasn't feeling that dude.
Fortified PhonetiX - In my head I keep getting this group mixed up with a group that followed. But I'm pretty sure that this is the group who had the secondary rapper wearing a black hat backwards and a black shirt that I'm pretty sure was a Pirates shirt. Either way, the secondary rapper, I believe, was rapping over top of a track of him rapping. I wasn't feeling that at all. I think the main rapper was rapping without backup. The reason why a rapper rapping over a tape of him rapping is so whack is that because that's only one little step better than lip syncing.
Tracksploitation - This group was made up of 3 dj's all spinning at the same time. It was pretty cool. Someone was break dancing while this was going on. That was fun to see. All in all, this may have been the best segment of the night. Oizo from Killer of Sheep was on stage the entire time yelling shit into the mic about the 58's. I did not know beforehand, but the 58's are some kind of Pittsburgh rap crew. I'm super disappointed that that is what Oizo is reduced to when he's not playing a punk show.
B White of the 58's - I wasn't impressed at all. I couldn't respect this rapper because of his funny hat. It looked like he had a head of dreads under his Chicago Bulls new era cap. He didn't. He was just tryin to thug it a little bit harder. Won't be going anywhere just to see him rap.
Can Ox's crew didn't get there until about 12 or so. This is where they started going on. I have no idea if I actually have the order they went on correct. But I'm going to give it a go.
Irealz - This guy wasn't any good.
Double AB - This guy wasn't any good.
Kenyattah Black - This guy wasn't any good.
Prop Anon - This guy evidently used to be part of Immortal Technique. At least that's what one of the other rappers said. His raps were pretty good. I enjoyed his set.
Cannibal Ox - Good rap set. The first part of the set was especially good because they played a bunch of shit off of The Cold Vein. That's what everyone wanted to hear. Then they played a single off the new album, which was ok. Then the rest of the set was in conjunction with the dudes in their crew, which I could entirely do without.
Hi's - turnout, Can Ox, Prop Anon, Tracksploitation, The Camp
Low's - A bunch of whack rappers that I don't particularly care to see again. Missing Mr. Owl. Only one set with noticably sick DJ work.
No comments:
Post a Comment