I don't really know why the Altar Bar consistently starts hardcore shows so early. This show started at 6:30. Why not 7? or 8? Showing no respect for people who drive like an hour to get to shows. And it's not like they have a dj for dancing all night after the show, they don't. I just don't get it. Regardless, we missed all of Path to Misery, and almost all of the Code Orange Kids. PtM is good and I always enjoy them, so I was pissed that we missed them. And CoK are good too, different good, but still good, so I was pissed about that too. But I guess that's what happens when you live over an hour away and work until 5 for a 6:30 show.
Path to Misery - Missed them. But Kenny says it was one of their better sets.
Code Orange Kids - Saw two songs. Kids were going off. I used to not particularly like their breed of weird heavy hardcore because it at first didn't seem moshy to me. However, it's been growing on me. Good set, I think people really liked it.
Backtrack - Awesome band. We used to see them all the time when they came through, but it's been a few years. Good songs. Good mosh. Great evergy, especially from the singer. I like his body language when he's on stage.
Terror - GREAT set. I love seeing Terror. Vogel was on point. Some of my friends were upset that Terror didn't play enough old songs. I somewhat disagree. I thought the mix they played was good and sufficient. Though I always like to see Push it Away, and that didn't happen. Who cares, highlight of the night anyway.
H2O - Pittsburgh has never been the type of town to really really give a shit about bands like H2O. After Terror I'd say half of the people left. And only a handful got into it. They played all the songs I like though, Fairweather Friend and 1995 amongst them. Good set. Though the sound guy had the vocals way way way too low for half of the set. Still everything was ok.
HI's - Terror, Backtrack, good company
Low's - Missing two dope bands, lack of energy from crowd for H2O
No comments:
Post a Comment