Also on the same night was a CDC wig-mosh show going on at the Ironworks. I'm not sure why they'd schedule CDC to play here on the same night as Comeback Kid is playing a big show. It's people like me they want to draw there. The gangster mosh people are going to CDC anyway, but I'd only go if there wasn't anything better to do. So Propagandhi and Comeback Kid got my cheese without any contest.
Worlds Scariest Police Chases - Pop punk hardcore punk kinda deal. They all dress up like Police officers kinda. Well, they at least wear badges. Either way their set was real fun. The lead singer has a cockyness to him, though it seems to be part of the show.
The Catastrophe - I was hoping for a decent band. But this band wasn't decent. We watched three songs then went outside for beer. Pretty boring to watch. And the appearance of the lead singer was a turn off for me. He looked like a frat boy or something.
At this point in the night the crowd really started filling up. I especially dislike how the Altar Bar has those fucking benches segregating the 21+ from the all ages portion. It's just that those benches take up a lot of floor space and are intrusive to the show experience.
Comeback Kid - Ripped shit up. Some people say they sound like Linkin Park but I don't get that at all from them. They played a few songs more from the newest release Symptoms + Cures than I expected. But that is ok. The new album is pretty good and the set was very very good. Great energy. Good punk pitting. The setlist was solid and I'll go see Comeback Kid every chance I get.
Is it the bands or the promoters that make the time period between the headliner and the band before absurdly long?
Propagandhi - Killed it. It was the best punx show I've been to in a while. The biggest sticking point with me was the lack of material played off of Todays Empires Tomorrows Ashes. They only played Fuck the Border from that particular release. However, the songs from Supporting Caste are bangers, especially Night Letters. Great set. Played for a little over an hour. Well worth $20 alone.
I'm thinking there were somewhere around 300 people in the building. I liked everything about the show other than the Catastrophe and the $6 I spent on a tall can of PBR. There was also somewhat of a fight during Propagandhi. Idiots. I'm sure they settled that score. :/
Hi's - Prop, CBK, turnout, choosing this show over the alternative
Low's - It was pretty cold out, $20 though it was worth it
No comments:
Post a Comment